By H. Royden Jones Jr., Jayashri Srinivasan, Gregory J. Allam, Richard A. Baker
Won First Prize at 2012 BMA awards in Neurology Category.
Netter's Neurology, 2d variation, by way of Drs. H. Royden Jones, Jayashri Srinivasan, Gregory J. Allam, and Richard A. Baker makes use of visually wealthy Netter art to successfully offer you a concise review of basic neurology and its intersection with inner medication, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, psychiatry, and orthopedics. From stroke and epilepsy to dementia and neuromuscular problems, Netter's Neurology is a radical synopsis of the cutting-edge in so much components of grownup neurology. You'll swiftly entry whole introductions to medical information, advanced recommendations, and correlations among anatomical, pathological, physiological, and pharmacological elements within the medical settings. Netter - it's the way you know.
* grasp basic neurology and its intersection with inner medication, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, psychiatry, and orthopedics via complete subject coverage.
* Get a brief and noteworthy assessment of anatomy, pathophysiology, and medical presentation from the precision and sweetness of Netter and Netter-style plates that spotlight key neuroanatomical and neurologic concepts.
* discover particular medical purposes with vignettes integrated through the textual content that deliver every one subject to life.
* locate the data you would like speedy and simply because of the fast textual content and concise subject overviews.
* See the most recent advancements within the box in transparent aspect with new art and new entries on ALS, japanese Equine Encephalitis, African slumbering ailment, and more.
* successfully visualize the underlying anatomy in dwelling sufferers via upgraded neuroimaging assurance, together with MR, CT, and PET.
* faucet into extra remedy details with extra medical vignettes that supply "real-life" illustrative case evaluations.
Read or Download Netter's Neurology (2nd Edition) PDF
Best neuroscience books
Using animal types is a key point of clinical study in several fields of medication. This ebook vigorously examines the $64000 contributions and alertness of animal versions to the certainty of human stream issues and may function a necessary source for simple neuroscientists engaged in flow issues study.
Epilepsy, probably the most customary neurological problems, impacts nearly 1% (greater than 60 million) of the world's inhabitants. In an anticipated 20 million of those sufferers, seizures are usually not managed even by means of a number of anti-seizure medicinal drugs, and are super tough to foretell. Epilepsy: The Intersection of Neurosciences, Biology, arithmetic, Engineering, and Physics seamlessly brings jointly the neurosciences, arithmetic, computational sciences, engineering, physics, and medical epileptology to offer to readers a hugely didactic, built-in, transparent and virtually necessary wisdom base and examine instructions.
- Staying Sharp: 9 Keys for a Youthful Brain through Modern Science and Ageless Wisdom
- Apoptosis in Neurobiology (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
- Theory of Cortical Plasticity
- Advanced Patch-Clamp Analysis for Neuroscientists
- Spikes: Exploring the Neural Code (Computational Neuroscience)
Extra resources for Netter's Neurology (2nd Edition)
Testing this simple modality provides an efficient means to survey general cognitive function. Disorientation to time and/or place may occur in either widespread or focal cortical dysfunction. 4. Language function includes the patient’s ability to monitor and to comprehend language-related sounds and symbols and to generate meaningful verbal or written responses. Most interaction with the patient is language-based, and, therefore, it is crucial to ascertain whether language function is impaired early in the course of the examination.
It is important to place these observed changes in motor tone within the context of the complete neurologic examination rather than in isolation. The patient’s body tone is best evaluated when the individual is fully relaxed. Sometimes, it is useful to check tone more than once during the examination. Tone is described as the patient’s primary level of muscular tension. To become comfortable with this part of the examination, it is important, as with other portions of the neurologic evaluation, to routinely check these parameters in healthy individuals to establish one’s normal base of observations.
Aids to the Examination of the Peripheral Nervous System. 4th ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 2000. not an athletic match but rather a determination of whether the patient has normal strength. There is a significant range of normal, and a sense of that latitude can be gained only by examining multiple individuals. The examiner assesses the symmetry of function and coexisting changes in tone to formulate appropriate conclusions regarding the significance of subtle changes. The patient’s degree of effort also needs to be assessed to distinguish organic disorders from feigned weakness in those with somatoform disorders or individuals with potential for secondary gain, as may occur with workers’ compensation or other litigation.
Netter's Neurology (2nd Edition) by H. Royden Jones Jr., Jayashri Srinivasan, Gregory J. Allam, Richard A. Baker