By Jan Langman M.D., Ph.D., Doris Burda Wilson Ph.D. (auth.), Ancel Blaustein M.D. (eds.)
Read or Download Pathology of the Female Genital Tract PDF
Similar pathology books
The new advances within the ideas for imaging the pancreas with no surgical interven tion have diminished the inaccessibility of the pancreas. even if, even supposing convinced lesions of the pancreas can now be regarded and localised with out an operation, the pathology of the pancreas continues to be extra completely investigated.
In Endothelin: Molecular Biology, body structure, and Pathology, educational, medical, and commercial researchers summarize the dramatic fresh growth that has been documented in endothelin learn and point out the optimum path of destiny stories. The individuals, hugely revered specialists of their fields in addition to lively bench scientists, produce a severe overview and synthesis of our wisdom of endothelin chemistry and pharmacology, its mechanism of motion, and its physiological capabilities.
This e-book, Drying and Wetting of establishing fabrics and parts, presents a suite of modern contributions within the box of drying and wetting in porous construction fabrics. the most advantage of the ebook is that it discusses the most very important subject matters on the topic of the drying and wetting approaches, specifically, strategies and developments in drying technology and know-how, drying mechanism and idea, gear, complicated modelling, complicated simulation and experimentation.
- Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck, Volume 1, 3rd Edition
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Male Reproductive Cancers: Epidemiology, Pathology and Genetics
- Paediatric Pathology
Extra info for Pathology of the Female Genital Tract
22. Mucous cyst of the vestibule. Simple columnar mucussecreting cells rest on the basement membrane. Note absence of underlying smooth muscle layer. 28 Eduard G. Friedrich, Jr. and Edward J. Wilkinson Cysts of the Canal of N uck (Peritoneal Lined Cysts) Cysts of the canal of Nuck are generally found in the superior aspect of the labia majora or inguinal canal and are believed to arise from inclusions of the peritoneum at the inferior insertion of the round ligament into the labia majora. As such, they are analogous to the hydrocele of the spermatic cord.
36 Granuloma inguinale extends primarily by local infiltration, although lymphatic permeation may occur during later stages of the disease; chronic lymphatic infiltration and fibrosis frequently result in a massive brawny edema of the external genitalia. There is some controyersy as to the true origin of the edema, as dye tests suggest that the lymphatic drainage is intact. With involvement of the cervix, the disease may advance via the cervical lymphatics to involve parametrial tissues. 114 The clinical diagnosis of GI is dependent on the identification of the Donovan bodies within the tissue.
Other complaints include lower abdominal pains, diarrhea, restlessness, and nocturia. Studies for fungus and bacteria are not diagnostic, and examination of the vulvar vestibule and vagina reveal marked inflammation. Occasionally, an adult female helminth found on the vestibule or perineal areas is brought to the laboratory. More commonly, the pathologist is presented with a cellulose-tape-slide preparation for identification of the typical embryonated eggs of E. vermicularis. 54 Inflammatory Diseases (N oninfectious) Fig.
Pathology of the Female Genital Tract by Jan Langman M.D., Ph.D., Doris Burda Wilson Ph.D. (auth.), Ancel Blaustein M.D. (eds.)